I have had the absolute worst experience with your company. We bought our 2017 Chaparral 5th wheel from the RV show in Timonium.

Our first season was (mostly) great. Had some damage to it (my fault). Spoke with the first service manager in July about the repairs and was told I could not drop it off until the 1st of October. Throughout this time, my insurance agent could not get a response back out of anyone at the store.

I dropped it off at the Gambrills store on 1 Oct. Sometime in December, after a formal email to the company, Paul, the new service manager told me they decided to transfer the RV to the Frederick store where they had more techs and could fix it sooner (Mind you, we missed a good part of the fall camping season while our RV sat at the Gambrills store) They supposedly "fixed" everything and while on the way home, every time I stopped and started, the RV would slam into my tailgate, causing serious damage to the tailgate. I later found out that whoever transferred my RV removed the capture plate from the 5th wheel and put in the front storage area of the RV because they had a different hitch than I did. I never checked to see if it was on because I had never removed it before.

The service manager stated it was my fault for not checking to see if the capture plate was on and they would not fix anything, although John, who I was told was the service manager but no longer works there, told me they had removed it and they didn’t think to look and see if the capture plate was on before I picked it up. I then received a call from Josh Wood who asked me to send photos of the damage and that he, as the GM would be the final decision maker on what the company would do to assist me. I have yet to hear back from him despite the 5 plus emails I have sent to him so I filed a complaint with the BBB and they are now supposedly looking into what to do. I still have not heard back from anyone and every time I call, they are somehow all in meetings.

This weekend, I took the RV to a local site to make sure everything works before a memorial day trip and three of the things that were supposed to be fixed were not and found a new thing that is broken. The A/C still does not work like it should, I have no hot water again, and the speakers in the front cut out and there is no sound. This is especially fun when you have a bored 6-year-old stuck inside during a rain storm. Also, one of the liquid waste tanks cannot be emptied because the handle is jammed or broken.

I called and you can't get me in until 11 June. All of these repairs were under warranty but due to the ridiculous delay in getting to my repairs, everything is now out of warranty. Please help me get this situation resolved.

I do not want to cause any trouble, I just want my tailgate and the RV fixed. I feel as though we purchased a lemon and I would like the company to do right by us.

Review about: Chesaco Rv Rv Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service, Service department.

Comments

I had a very unpleasant discussion with that guy today when I picked my trailer up. I was calm and asked if there was anything he could do since it took them almost 4 months to complete work on my camper and he totally went off on me. It’s all good, I’m gonna follow up on the situation.

I honestly don’t know. They played musical chairs with their personnel.

Was the manager you dealt with named Scott Dangle?